Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: T-Mobile Hacker and server vulnerabilities

From: "KF (lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:38:46 -0500

The best part is that none of the employees or managers even had a canned response. "What we were hacked? *smirk* I've never heard that" was the response I got to begin with, then the guy went to grab his manager whom coached him to say "Our customer relations department is handling this, fax your concerns to them and someone may get back to you".

-KF

Kristian Hermansen wrote:

Does anyone have specifics on how this hacker Jacobson exploited flaws
in the T-Mobile server applications to gain entry to the back-end
database?  Was it some gross oversight on T-Mobile's part or something
more obscure that admins should know about?  The Secret Service seems to
believe that either his skills or his underground connections will allow
him to be their personal slut for the next few years.

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/10271

Oh, and if anyone has some of the celebrity pictures that he snarfed
from the database I would care for a link!

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html