Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Incorrect characters

From: Paul <onestepto () yahoo com au>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 03:50:37 +1100 (EST)

Hi list,
Firstly, I sent an email to a client quoting some prices on the server that we use for our own website and it arrived
with the (correctly) typed £ sign as a capital 'L' .
I then sent a test email to myself from my ISP account to my address on this same (questionable) server and it was
perfect. To be sure, I repeated this exercise the opposite way round (own server to ISP a/c) again perfect! I phoned my
ISP help boys who are usually mega reliable and they assured me they had never experienced this before. So - has anyone
any ideas on this, I can only assume that the problem lies with the recipient's ISP's web server - I do not know the os.

Secondly, if characters are being mis-read by a machine on any send path does such an error constitute a risk?

Thirdly, if so, what steps should be taken?

</rave>
Catch ya
one step at a time...

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.