Full Disclosure mailing list archives

(no subject)

From: "Berend-Jan Wever" <skylined () edup tudelft nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:39:03 +0100

Hi all,

Here's an exploit for the ANI stack overflow, written for win2ksp4en, IE SP1. Dunno if it will work for other
platforms, might need some more tweaking of the ani file. Let me know if it doesn't work, but only if you can hand me
some proper debugging details.

Patch: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05-002.mspx
Host based products such as Qwik-Fix Pro from PivX already protect against this vulnerability by completely disabling
the .ANI file format, I found this out after trying to trigger the vuln unsuccessfully for 10 minutes. It took me
another 10 after turning off Qwik-Fix to write the exploit.

Since my ISP detects it as "Exploit.HTML.IFrameBOF-4" I put the thing in a password protected zip file. The password is
"margrieta".

Cheers,

Berend-Jan Wever
SMTP: <skylined () edup tudelft nl>