Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft AntiSpyware: Will it be free and Vulnerable

From: devis <devis () easynix net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:51:16 +0100

Matt Ostiguy wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:12:23 -0600, RandallM <randallm () fidmail com> wrote:
I don't think it's going to be free. While doing a small amount of research
on the "spyware community" I found this text string in the
GianttAntiSpywareUpdater.exe:

Doesn't the fact that the executable's name contains a company that no
longer exists (Giant) indicate that perhaps this BETA software will
undergo some changes before its full release as a Microsoft product?
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

Buahwuahwuahwuawa ... you have to be gullible to think that M$ will not NOT cash on their own slack coding. Of course they will, now i suspect they even will try to make it go as an added cost for the OEMs, so consummers will pay transparently for one year signatures updates ... as they do/did for OSes.
Remember .. they never had a choice in the first place, why would they now ?