Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: this is fun?

From: "Jordan Klein" <haplo () haplo net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:12:39 -0600

I wouldn't call that fun. It took my system to 100% cpu usage, spawned a ton of windows, and eventually caused firefox to crash. I guess that crash was firefox's built-in protection mechanism against this type of DoS. :-)

I haven't tried this with popup blocking enabled, since this is my work machine, and I have to allow popups so our internal sites work. (Damn, lazy web developers...)

--
Jordan Klein                 ~  Beware of dragons
haplo () haplo net              ~  for you are crunchy