Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer not seeing KB887742 and KB88 6185

From: Vincent Archer <var () deny-all com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:26:17 +0100

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 11:24:00AM -0700, James Lay wrote:
Subject line says it all....just did a fresh install of WinXP SP2....was
using MBSAFU to make sure it would patch...which it did.  However Windows
Update shows still needing KB887742 and KB886185.  MBSA shows no critical
patches need updated.  Systeminfo shows that both KB887742 and KB886185 are
NOT installed.  I'm using latest MBSA.  Anyone else see this?  Kinda sucks
:(

Last time I tried to force upgrade the local copies of Windows that did
not automatically update , those two patches were not downloadable from
the Microsoft upgrade site. No idea why they were moved/removed - all
the windows computers that had normally updated in time had them (we
don't run a local SUS).
--
Vincent ARCHER
varcher () denyall com

Tel : +33 (0)1 40 07 47 14
Fax : +33 (0)1 40 07 47 27
Deny All - 5, rue Scribe - 75009 Paris - France
www.denyall.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html