Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re: [Mailman-Developers] mailman emailharvester

From: "Aditya Deshmukh" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway expertworks net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:31:53 +0530

Hashcash isn't even a tiny speed bump if you're a spammer and
have 50,000
zombies - each one only takes a 5 second hiccup and continues
spamming....

Hashcash and other systems that rely on some sort of check summing is going
to cause problems and hence their adoption is always going to be under a
cloud !

For me the best possible thing to do is to put up a openbsd server with
postfix / clam av / spam assassin / amavaris combo

1. postfix will reject 90% of the spam during the initial handshake stage -
by using a variety of dns / mx resolution tricks
2. clamav and spam assassin integrate into postfix so that you don't have to
accept the spam the server can even issue a 550 in the middle of the data
stage
3. using some known blacklists like spamhaus and rbl will cut down spam to
99.9 %

With a combo of all this : no spam - we do not have to worry about our
address being leaked.

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html