Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Antivirus listing

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:17:21 -0600

--On Friday, February 11, 2005 01:43:36 PM +0100 "\"weninson rêgo\"" <watchachi () gmx de> wrote:

Hi,

   Anyone know if there is an API to list the antivirus that are installed
in a windows machine and retrieve if the antivirus is up to date? Or any
way to retrieve these informations, i need to do a program to acomplish
these
tasks.
   I've searched all sites but got none yet. Only OPSWAT SDK but it is
a payd SDK.

Microsoft now has a VAPI, but I don't know that all the vendors are using it yet.

If you have registry access, you can simply search for the appropriate keys. That's how I do it - using KiXtart I can determine major and minor revs as well as dat versions by reading the registry keys.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member