Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: mailman email harvester

From: "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:11:08 -0000

"James Longstreet" wrote in message
news:Pine.A41.4.58.0502081019420.328944 () tigger cc uic edu...
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Dave Korn wrote:

  Why?  You hoping to sell it to spammers?  Obfuscating *works*; if YOU
break it, that makes YOU a spamming motherfucker.  Why don't you go fuck
yourself instead?

The name of the list is Full-Disclosure.  This is like saying "gets()
works, if you show that it's unsafe, that makes YOU an evil evil hacker."

  He's already shown the POC "To raise awareness to this issue", and I have
no complaint about that.  But to continue and develop it into an actual
usable production-level tool serves no further purpose in raising awareness
and seems to me to be crossing the line into malware authoring; it's like
the difference between writing a POC showing a bug in SQL server and writing
MSBlast.

    cheers,
      DaveK
--