Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: BANTOWN PRESENTS: Give me 0day or give me death

From: coderman <coderman () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:28:53 -0800

On 12/17/05, Andrew A <gluttony () gmail com> wrote:
 I present to you the Eleatic school of hacker ethics.

... If your computer has been
programmed to accept my arbitrary code, then there is no moral or ethical
violation committed when I introduce my code to yours.

sounds good to me, but for pragmatic reasons.  all this bullshit
firewall/IDS/$snake_oil isn't working as advertised (but a false sense
of security so comforting).  perhaps that 7th or 8th remote
root/enable prompt exploit will open their eyes.

your approach may usher in the requisite least privilege based
capability model for network security that would actually be worth a
shit.  (of course, identity management will probably still suck, so
maybe this is wishful thinking...)

see you in Club Fed my brother!