Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Amazon Phishing Scam - Tech Details

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:40:11 -0600

Dan wrote:
Oh, I don't know, maybe someone might want to block the IP
addres or shun them, maybe someone might want to put it in
their exchange server as a known bad IP, maybe someone might
want to black hole them at some point, just little things
like that, and that is why I posted this to this list.

Just a thought.
r/d

Dan, you have a very valid idea and it works, but it will only work for
the short temp. Static blocking of phishing sites doesn't work too well
in the long run - but works well for the time the site is up. You put
this one address into your block list to protect your users but what
about the 10 other address you haven't put in there?

Trying to run a manually updated content/security filtering system will
crazy you insane in no time. Believe me ;)

-Todd