Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: A CALL FOR FULL-DISCLOSURE TO BECOME A MODERATED LIST

From: Steve Russell <steve_r125 () yahoo co uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:24:02 +0000 (GMT)

--- uber () hush com wrote:

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO EXPRESS MY DEEP SUPPORT FOR
THIS IDEA.  MAKING
THE LIST MODERATED WOULD REALLY HELP MY JOB AS A
SECURITY
RESEARCHER.  I COULD MAKE QUICKER, MORE WELL
INFORMED CHOICES IN MY
DAY TO DAY TASKS OF PEN TESTING LEGITIMATELY.  I
WILL ONLY GET THE
GOOD STUFF AND NONE OF THIS PISSING CONTEST WHICH IS
KILLING THIS
LIST.  MODERATING WOULD MAKE THE LIST MUCH MORE
PROFESSIONAL AND
WOULD BRING IT ONE STEP ABOVE SECURITY FOCUS.

ONCE AGAIN.  I AM 150% FOR THE MODERATION OF
FULL-DISCLOSURE.

OK. Thanks for posting your comments, here's a few
more of mine...

1. A so called security researcher is a seasoned
person with a wealth of IT knowledge and would never
post in all-caps.

2. Modding this list would not do any good in terms of
the quality/timing of information posted. I.E. it
would go down hill fast.

3. Learn to use mail filters. Geez how hard is that?
Not very...

4. This list is professional and a little humour now
and again is good. The old quote goes "a happy worker
is a productive worker."

5. As Monty Python (google if you don't know who they
are) said you can't be more than 100% for anything.

Regards
-Steve