Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MSN Messanger Virus

From: poo <skodliv () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:59:16 +0100

FpTargeT haha that's the single most stupid thing i have ever heard

On 12/13/05, FpTargeT <fptarget () fptarget org> wrote:

A friend of mine contacted me because his MSN Messenger started trying
to send files to everyone on his contact list.  I signed on and it
send
me this message:

Mira las fotos >>> http://hometown.aol.com.au/miralafoto/
imagens001.exe

I've run a couple of virus scanners on this file with none of them
being
able to figure out what it is.  Anyone have any clues?

Have you ever considered this file as a kind of pictures slideshow ?

Some windows pictures viewer allow people to build an executable
diaporama of files, in order to help people receiving it to view it
without any kind of knowledge...

First thing before contacting AOL should be to inform Antivirus
software developpers to have this file and test it in a sandbox
environment...

Just my little contribution on the subject ;-)

++
--
FpTargeT.

--