Full Disclosure mailing list archives

to start a career in security is ccsp(cisco certified security professional) good enough?

From: Joel Jose <joeljose420 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:03:26 -0800

i am a undergraduate student. will get a btech ie BS in computer science
degree in 2007. to start a path in security is ccsp good enough? the more
advanced ones like cissp either need experience or are just too expensive...
those certifications can come along the way.. but to start a career is ccsp
ok?... most others dont have the learning centers in india. i hope that a
ccsp will land me a job after graduation.. like a part time. AND  i can
pursue my ms in artificial intelligence... so i will be a security
professional as well as an ai practitioner.. i have interest in both.....i
plan to settle abroad.. may be usa or eu....
--
As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an
evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil