Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Someone wasted a nice bug on spyware...

From: "Patrick Dickey" <pdickey43 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:38:57 -0600

Is there a registry key for the emf file extention also?  I noticed in all
of the articles, that they say disabling the wmf file extention won't affect
the emf file extention vulnerabilities.

I was thinking about editing the reg files to remove that key also.  So, any
information on whether it would work, or whether it will cause more problems
then it's worth is greatly appreciated.  Also, the information about which
key it would be (I'm not a registry expert).

Thanks.
Patrick.

Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...