Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: linux procfs vulnerablity

From: "GroundZero Security" <fd () g-0 org>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:55:55 +0100

Hi !

i tested this bug and it is fact that indeed kernel memory can be leaked.
this leads to priviledge escalation as the encrypted root password is in there.
it could be cracked with john. in the log is more information that could lead
to a full system compromise. nice bug and not hard to code :-)

-sk
Http://www.groundzero-security.com