Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hosting Provider Refuses to Share Server Logs - How to Proceed?

From: Michael Ströder <michael () stroeder com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:27:17 +0200

Michael Holstein wrote:
I've never dealt with an intrusion before, but I am the tech for the
That's all you need to say.

The server logs probably won't tell you exactly what happened, and it
doesn't matter anyway. ANYTIME you have a hack, regardless of how
trivial, you rebuild from scratch.

Well, that's not the point here since he doesn't administrate the boxes
in question. Remember the orginal poster was talking about his domain
being hosted on a shared server. He wants to find out whether the
hosting provider was responsible for having a security hole and why they
believe to have it closed.

Ciao, Michael.