Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: The Wireless Networking Excuse

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:59:30 -0400

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:33:06 CDT, womber said:

It is an interesting point. I have thought about it myself in the
context of having my personal access point open to the public and if
someone hopped on and downloaded something.
Would I be resposible if they tracked it back to my AP?

Anybody who tries the "The giant pink iguana with a pringle's can did it"
defense had better make damned sure they can prove in a court of law that
there was indeed a giant pink iguana.  And at that point, you may have to
explain why you knowingly provided access to allow the commission of a
crime - "aiding and abetting" isn't someplace you want to be......