Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How to Report a Security VulnerabilitytoMicrosoft

From: bkfsec <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:54:34 -0400

tuytumadre () att net wrote:

I also met a very important person who is in charge of Internet Explorer. He is not out to get anyone with his world domination
schemes as you like to imply. You are right, however, when you say that they are not to be trusted "just because there are a
bunch of potentially-good people doing technical work in the trenches." They are to be trusted because they are looking out
for us and our right to information privacy/safety.

How can this be believed given their track record on security issues, though?

I think that what Jason is getting at is that the players haven't changed, their perspectives haven't actually changed - it's business as usual.

It doesn't matter how much honey is poured into people's ears (or smoke blown up their asses, if you will), it's the proof that's in the pudding that counts, and the pudding is sour.

            -Barry