Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How to Report a Security Vulnerability toMicrosoft

From: "Ag. System Administrator" <sysadmin () agent co il>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:35:44 +0300

Airey, John wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: full-disclosure-bounces () lists grok org uk [mailto:full-disclosure-bounces () lists grok org uk] On Behalf Of Microsoft Security Response Center
Sent: 08 April 2005 20:21
To: bugtraq () securityfocus com; ntbugtraq () listserv ntbugtraq com; full-disclosure () lists grok org uk Subject: [Full-disclosure] How to Report a Security Vulnerability toMicrosoft

Hello!

The Microsoft Security Response Center investigates all reports of security vulnerabilities sent to us that affect Microsoft products. If you believe you have found a security vulnerability affecting a Microsoft product, we would like to work with you to investigate it.

We are concerned that people might not know the best way to report security vulnerabilities to Microsoft. You can contact the Microsoft Security Response Center to report a vulnerability by emailing secure () microsoft com directly, or you can submit your report via our web-based vulnerability reporting form located at:
https://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/alertus.aspx.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Security Response Center

[snip]

Unless there's something wrong at my end (I hope not), this message
doesn't appear to have been signed with the key at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/Security/bulletin/pgp.mspx.

Am I right or not?

not.

Key Id: 0xAA55BC66 / Signed on: 04/08/2005 10:17 PM

It's them...

Have fun,
Dan