Full Disclosure mailing list archives

The Tel Aviv University Security Forum - meeting #10 -10/4/05

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:16:24 +0400

Hello!

The next, non-commercial, technological Security Forum will take place
on Sunday, the 10th of April, 2005, at Tel Aviv University's Lev
Auditorium.

Schedule
--------
17:45 - Gathering - hot and cold drinks will be served.

18:00 - Amichai Shulman, CTO - Imperva.
  Lecture: Advanced SQL Injection Techniques.
  Level: High.

  The presentation will discuss and demonstrate some advanced SQL
  injection techniques that allow an attacker to circumvent popular
  protection mechanisms. Among the methods that will be discussed are
  "Blind Folded SQL Injection" and a number of evasion techniques.

19:00 - We will break for a short recess, as well as for
  refreshments and networking between members - hot and cold
  drinks will be served.

19:20 - Shalom Carmel.
  Lecture: Security vulnerabilities of the AS/400 platform.
  Level: Medium.

  The AS/400, also known as iSeries, is a midrange server manufactured
  by IBM. It is used predominantly for business applications. There are
  between 2000 and 3000 servers in Israel, and they can be found in
  banks, insurance companies, health providers (kupot holim), and
  manufacturing firms.

  In this talk we will overview the security challenges that rise in
  plugging an AS/400 server into a TCP/IP network, and we will look at
  some previously unpublished attacks involving AS/400.

Hot and cold drinks will be freely available.

Attendance is free.

For a map of the university please visit:
http://www2.tau.ac.il/map/unimapl1.asp

For future and past lectures, presentations and general information:
http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/tausec

You can also visit our Orkut community (Tausec):
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=422590

Thank you all, and please pass this information to others.

Have a good week,

        Gadi Evron.