Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Senior M$ member says stop using passwords completely!

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:59:48 -0500

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 11:46, Frank Knobbe wrote:
It's a nice recommendation of MS to make (to use long passphrases
instead of passwords). But I don't consider 14 chars a "passphrase".
Perhaps they should enable more/all password components to handle much
longer passwords/phrases.

heh... I suck. Scratch that msg (where's my coffee?). My gaming laptop
is even configured to log in automatically with AutoLogon=1 and a
password that is longer than 14.

Perhaps a faint memory of pain from the old Winders days wallowed up
inside me. Oh well, I'll shut up now...