Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Spyware installs with no interaction in IE on fully patched XP SP2 box

From: Harlan Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:36:38 -0700 (PDT)

This machine is a fully patched XP SP2 box, with
the default security
settings for IE's Internet Zone. Does anybody know
what method this crap
could be using to install without any user
interaction?

It's a little hard to tell accurately without taking a
look at what you removed; ie, saying that you cleaned
things out of the Registry is great, but without
knowing what keys you "cleaned", it's hard to tell.

However, doing a quick search on Google for
"atpartners", some of the info I found points to
BHOs...

Sorry, wish I could help more, but I'd need more info...

=====