Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Slightly off-topic: www.georgewbush.com

From: "J.A. Terranson" <measl () mfn org>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:30:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Todd Towles wrote:

I read a article about how the site got hacked into...recently. Did
anyone else read this? If it was hacked then because this is a reaction
security measure and not a "we want to keep all non-amercians from
seeing our stuff".

Assuming this all to be true, and assuming for the sake of argument that
the refusal to serve pages to non-US requestors is their "security
measure" in response, it merely deminstrates that their admin staff is as
clueless as a newborn baby at a stripclub.

They're not even using a firewall or ACL to keep the "foreign" visitors
out (since they are getting a web server based error message).  Thank god
that George's webmaster isn't likely to be running anything nu-kul-ar if
George is reappointed!

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson