Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [in] Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

From: Andrew Farmer <andfarm () teknovis com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:30:44 -0800

On 19 Nov 2004, at 08:35, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
        Thanks. I thought that it had more meanings :-D

        Given that Firefox is integrated in Linux...

It isn't.

<...>
Result : Firefox is not integrated in Linux, it is a third party software as /bin/bash or whatever that is given as a giveaway on the computer...

Even less so. Bash is sometimes used as a component of startup scripts (#!/bin/bash...), while Firefox is just a plain old browser.

In fact, I'm not so sure it's even a component of Nautilus. Is this a recent change?