Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Gmail anomaly

From: Steve R <steve_r125 () yahoo co uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:53:47 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Micheal Espinola Jr <michealespinola () gmail com>
wrote:
Yep, something is awry with Firefox's cookie
management.  it pisses me
off.  I disconnect from a site (close the browser),
but the next time
I open FF,  all my cookies are acting as if they are
still live.

The Maxthon add-on for IE does the same thing

Its annoying as hell when you are testing web apps.

Firefox's cookie manager that comes with a default
installation isn't the best (I'm only talking about
the GUI.) Use the CookieCuller enhanced cookie manager
extension instead

http://mozdev.sweetooth.org/cookieculler/

It allows you to protect/unprotect individual cookies
so that when you hit Remove All Cookies only the ones
you want (autologins etc) are kept, the rest are
deleted. It also has the exceptions list. If you have
any Firefox cookie problems after this... wait a
minute... you *won't* have any problems with Firefox's
cookie management after this. It's not awry as you say
as I've *never* had any problems with cookies in
Firefox.

Regards
Steve

Get Yahoo! Mail www.yahoo.co.uk/10k