Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OT: U.S. 2004 Election Fraud.

From: Florian Streck <streck () papafloh de>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:32:21 +0100

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 12:02:16PM -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:

Instead, you vote for a bunch of people who will vote on your behalf,
usually by ignoring the popular vote and casting it 100% for their party.

No. The problem with the system is that the relation between the votes a
state has in the presidetial election and the number of inhabitants of
this state differs between the states. So it's possible for a candidate
that has less votes to become president. Even without fraud.

The entire thing.  We *do* vote for the leader we want.  Just read the
Federalist Papers if you want to understand how the American political
system works and why it's designed the way that it is.

Wasn't the reason for the Electors that at that time it was not
practicable to make a direct election due to the great distances in
America?

Again, this has nothing to do with security, so stop filling up the list
with it.

Why stop the people from leraning?

Florian