Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MSIE src&name property disclosure

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:10:51 -0500

Joe,

http://www.immunitysec.com/services-sharing.shtml has the answers to your questions about the Immunity VSC, but my point was specifically about bugs that Microsoft knew about, but didn't think the public did. In Linux's case, said bugs would have a detailed advisory. In Microsoft's case, such bugs are wrapped into the next service pack silently.

Private firms such as Immunity and several others in the market often close the gaps, but it's likely that hackers have had such bugs for long periods of time.

Dave Aitel
Immunity, Inc.

joe wrote:

I don't know how your club works.
Do you report to MS as well or just within your club that you charge people
to be part of? Has MS responded to you if you did report it? What was their
response that makes WINS a classic example?

joe