Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Mailing lists and unsolicited/malicious spam

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:14:03 -0500

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:13:47 CST, Todd Towles said:

Number 1, I highly doubt than a spam message would be very effective
using the FD list of address only. Number 2, this list is full of
security professional (white, black and grey) and I would guess that
most of the core users you see on here would not just run a attachment
or be fooled by the double extensions trick. Given there most likely are
"normal internet users" on this list but I would guess that number is
pretty low.

Might want to re-think that number 2, based on how many people complain
about viruses and malware posted to the list....

:)