Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: FIREFOX flaws: nested array sort() loop Stack overflow exception

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:40:56 -0800

On November 25, 2004 07:51 am, Gadi Evron wrote:
I'd have loved to CC mozilla about this, but I didn't have the time to do
the crash course "how to write a bug report" and go through all that
bugzilla crap.

So instead you unleash it upon kiddie and spammer world? That's lovely.

Some people are advocates of this or that disclosure mechanism, and
believe they are right. I can bite.
You just say: "I'm so cool. I will release this, get a ton of attention
and then say 'hey! They violated GPL! How dare they?!'"

He didn't have to release it... he could have sold it or any number of
other things including just exploiting it quietly.  We should stop
shooting the messenger and say thanks to people who do other's
debugging for free and for all our own good.

my 2c,
--dr

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Vancouver, Canada       May 4-6 2005  http://cansecwest.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html