Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Winamp vulnerability : technical study and Exploit released

From: David Vincent <support () sleepdeprived ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:49:13 -0800

Rich Eicher wrote:

This may have something to do with why there is no patch out from Nullsoft.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Death_Knell_Sounds_for_Nullsoft_Winamp/1100111204

you should read this:
http://www.winamp.com/about/article.php?aid=10627
and stop top posting!  :)

snippet:
" *Awise Fwom Your Gwave*
/Published: Nov. 12, 2004/
/By Eric Caoili/

<http://www.winamp.com/about/article.php?aid=10627&article_pg=2>

I'll go ahead and get this out of the way: No we weren't axed. We haven't even seen anyone with an axe. There was this one guy who came up to us to /axe/ us a question, but that's about it. Much like Tupac Shakur and/or Jesus Christ, our deaths have been greatly exaggerated.

We're going to chalk this one off to one to a poorly-worded and vague news piece that got out of hand (No offense to Nate.). While yes, our team might be a bit lean at the moment, we aren't the starved, skeleton-thin relics we've been rumored to be. It reminds me of that time in grade school when I was sent to the Principal's office for talking too much in class. By the end of the school day, the whole class was abuzz with scandalous reports that I'd not only been expelled, but was also arrested for drug possesion and made an honorary G-Unit member as well."

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html