Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: [in] Re: previledge password in cisco routers

From: "Curt Purdy" <purdy () tecman com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:24:24 -0600

Alen Capalik wrote:
When did this list become a "how-to" of hacking for script kiddies?
Why don't you just do it for him too?

Answer: always has been

Who in his right mind
would ask a question like he did, unless he's an idiot and
has NO CLUE what that question means.

Personally, I am very interested in questions like this.  They help improve
my auditing abilities, whether it is specific methodologies I can use to
compromise a client's box before the bad guys do, or whether the answer just
sparks an idea that I find interesting.

Either way that is what F-D is all about.  The only BS I don't like on this
list is when those kiddies are stupid enough to open their mouth instead of
lurking and learning like I did on the BBS's and newsgroups of my younger
days.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, CNE, MCSE+I, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- former White House cybersecurity zar Richard Clarke

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html