Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: University Researchers Challenge Bush Win In Florida

From: Thomas Sutpen <sutpen () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:51:57 -0700

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:17:27 -0600, st3ng4h <st3ng4h () comcast net> wrote:
The point, though, is that the discussion is valid and worthwhile
and ought not be silenced. The presidential election is one of the
few official expressions of democracy left open to the populace,
and those who think that that's important will be a little more
paranoid about it, and rightly so. This is one area where I am not
satisfied with a basic assumption that the election is "legitimate
until proven otherwise", and I think you will find many others who
agree.

You're indeed correct.  I agree that it should not be silenced, nor
should it be discounted.  This is why I didn't say the discussion as a
whole was flawed.

The discussants, particularly Jason, are.  They've already taken
positions that can only be preceived as self-interest, to which the
outcome can only be negative.  Like it or not, perceptual filters will
be applied to every item, and everything said will be scrutinized and
interpretted with this same filter.

It is my observation that your thinly veiled concern for the process
is merely out of self-interest, if not sour grapes.  Your fixation and
continued posting on the subject does nothing to add to your
credibility.  And further, it helps perpetuate the stereotype that
liberals are wackos, nut-jobs, conspiracy theorists, and underground
members of the peoples' tin-foil hat militia.

You whine about impartiality and then write this?

Are you not aware of the stereotypes applied to the discussants
because of their affiliation?  Think of the one you described earlier
in this email regarding Paul.

Quite a disturbing message: Just Shut Up and Trust In Your Leaders.

Nothing of the sort was insinuated.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html