Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Network Security in India

From: "Aditya Deshmukh" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway expertworks net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:33:08 +0530

ALD >  Subject: [Full-disclosure] Network Security in India

ALD >  I had a brief stint Primus Telecom in delhi ( www.primus-direct.com).
ALD >  It has a flat network with absolutely no security. The routers as as
ALD >  vulnerable to any known exploit and the same applies to a few web
ALD >  servers they host. The basics such as patch management is never taken
ALD >  care of.

that is what you will find almost anywhere in the world.

ALD >  This mail doesnot intend to harm any one but i want to know is this
ALD >  the way major ISP around the globe function.
ALD >  The company functions on illegal frequencies (Primus's major
ALD >  customers
ALD >  connect through RF links). I have the proofs to show that they do
ALD >  function on frequencies not allocated to them and during
ALD >  routine check
ALD >  ups by the DoT ( Department of Telecommunications Govt. of
ALD >  India) They
ALD >  have to change the frequency for a while and do favors to the Govt.
ALD >  Employees to keep the business going.

this should be a *major* violation, please report this to through the correct channels instead of sprouting it over
here...

ALD >  Well this is not my concern but somehow this seems unhealthy. Is this
ALD >  a practise worldwide.
ALD >  During my interview with a company major i insisted on my security
ALD >  conern but the company was least bothered.
ALD >  Would someone tell me is this the way the whole industry functions.
ALD >  Inspite of reminders to the company that any lamer has the potential
ALD >  to run them out of business by bringing their whole network down
ALD >  within a few min( which includes the ETBwmgr , the netcache box or
ALD >  even the main router(7500 series with a backup)) has been
ALD >  given a deaf ear.

then if they go out of buiness they deserve it.... and if this is the case they will soon... ( i do not know if this is
correct )

please use the correct channels to report this voilations

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html