Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: (AUSCERT AA-2004.02) AUSCERT Advisory - Denial of Service Vulnerability in IEEE 802.11 Wireless Devices (fwd)

From: madsaxon <madsaxon () direcway com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:04:38 -0500

At 11:20 AM 5/13/2004 -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

Am I the only person around who's been in this business long enough to remember
how one jabbering transciever can take down an entire Ethernet thinwire or
thickwire segment??

Heh. No, I remember data storms quite well.  Painfully well.  I also
remember the sniper bug in SMC cards, that randomly disconnected
nodes from the network.  A booger to diagnose and track.

m5x

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html