Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: A FreeBSD server that is converted in a MS 2003 Server... and viceversa

From: "Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:28:52 +0530

I have access to a FreeBSD server, I accessed and look a little.
The problem
is when sometimes I have not access anymore, and its because the
server is
not a FreeBSD, is a MS 2003 Server... :(

this happens a lot on my personal machine, which has solaris linux freebsd and win2k installed with the same
username/passwds and almost the same server that spew out the same domain name and ip address. when i boot from linux
to say windows the nmap scans will tell u that the server has a different os, probably something similar is happening
over there with that server that u are trying to access.

or the server that u are trying to access might be behind some kind of load balancer.

-aditya

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html