Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re: Administrivia

From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:16:37 -0600 (CST)

        [SNIP]

Except I would add that the quoted RFC (which is informational, not
mandatory) does say that signatures should be kept short:

    - If you include a signature keep it short.  Rule of thumb
      is no longer than 4 lines.  Remember that many people pay for
      connectivity by the minute, and the longer your message is,
      the more they pay.

The observant will note that mine breaks this advice (although it doesn't if
you ignore the extra bit that I put in. It usually offends at least one
person). The RNIB disclaimer is outside my control, except that I have
pointed out that it can lead to our own email being classed as SPAM and
suggested a link to a web page would be better.

I avoid the issue of required .sig/banners by not posting to lists via my
work e-mail.  Course that requires one has ssh access to another system.
I tend to use two different personal accounts for mailing lists for the
most part.  Then again I've a .sig just over spec...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html