Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: viruses being sent to this list

From: Mark Challender <MarkC () mtbaker wednet edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:20:59 -0800

Personal responsibility seems to be missing from all of the people
complaining about a list infecting them or somehow causing them harm.

Get over it.

We use Microsoft products as well as other products and we have very strong
security policies -- firewall, server antivirus, blocking attachments,
client antivirus with updates three times a week, automated patching, etc.

In short, we take responsibility for running the software we use.  Te expect
a public mailing list to "protect" you is similar to expecting the
automakers to "protect" you by steering your vehicle for you.

Protect yourself.

Mark Challender, MCSE
Network Administrator