Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: RE: Any dissasemblies of the Witty worm yet?

From: Byron Copeland <nodialtone () comcast net>
Date: 23 Mar 2004 05:38:12 -0500

You've completely missed what I was talking about.  I said I have seen
those dump, disassemblies and stuff.

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 23:32, Disclosure From OSSI wrote:
Com'on. This is a worm. SQL Slamme binary is widely available on the net and
its dissembly (or "its source code") is everywhere with "google". For
example, part of it can be found at
http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Flash/sapphire.txt. With IDAPro
(http://www.datarescue.com/) (you must have heard of it, don't you?), the
SQL Slammer and/or Witty worms can be easily turned into their "original"
source code format (assembly).

Here is what I said again.  Read it this time, putz.

I've seen the slammer code as hex dumps, etc, but haven't seen the any
original slammer source code.  Just wondering how anyone could make any
determinations of any comparisons to either when the coding style really
isn't known.  Maybe I am the only one who missed seeing the original
code.

-b

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html