Full Disclosure mailing list archives

What I meant to say was....

From: Steve Kudlak <chromazine () sbcglobal net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:45:36 -0700

Sometimes when not fully awake I send things to the wrong address...
oh well whoops....what I meant to say about Mozilla was:

They do have a good habit of fixing things. I think the idea of
celebrating  the nth bug is that bugs are inevitable but fixing them
makes things better.

I don't have a complete "test your browser against exploits"
but I have tried several on Firefox and the exploits doesn't work.
Since it is all open code with an active and interactive developer
community that is trying to convince people that they are the best
and to use them they might try harder. Whereas IE gets used because
in many places one has to use it. I know this is the case in several
libraries and businesses.

As I think I mentioned,  I will try to float these questions in the Mozilla
or Firefox mailing list. I will post any answers I get.. This is after I get
my current work halfway in order.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve

P.S. Note the only big problem I ran into with Firefox was that two of the making tabbed browsing nicely clash badly. They are the
thing that makes tabs fill more lines instead of getting smaller,
sorry I forgot the name and "Tabbed Browsing". If you try to install
them both then Firefox crashes when trying to launch. What I do is keep several profiles. I have an experimental profile which has things I am doing/testing now, a stable working profile and a stripped down minimal what came in the box profile. I found Firefox way stripped down for my tastes and spent Memorial Day Weekend
putting together a version of it that I liked. When I installed the
last two extensions I wanted then it crashed and it seemed my work
was for nought. I had to dig through the doumentation and found that
was quite clear and understandable and found if I renamed a few files
that I could start it and dump out a profile that would let it launch.
I submitted a bug report for the "Tabbed Browsing Extensions". I then
made sure it alwaysask what profile I want when it launches.
Overall I find Mozilla Firefox less given to allowing nasty things to happen
than IE is. I have tried a few tests but since I don't have a seperate
machine to try dangreous things on I am pretty cautious. Anyway this is
kind of general and long winded on what should be a "details oriented" list,
but when people are making pretty clueless noises like going "Mozzilla celebrated
it's 200,000th bug, uh oh." I feel I have to respond. I don't know if I want
to go back into all this technical security stuff or not.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html