Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: anyone seen this worm/trojan before?

From: "Jim Becher" <jim () becher net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:27:58 -0500

I have seen a little of this worm/trojan as well... same IP, Unreal v3.2 IRC
server.

I am leaning to the same conclusion as Josh.  Note: I said leaning, not
completely convinced.  I have seen in the IRC traffic some references to
lsass, including what I think might be the command-line to instruct the
infected machine to commence scanning -- "advscan lsass 100 5
1000 -b -r -s".  Haven't had a chance to look at the executable with any
detail yet... Also noticed this in the IRC traffic: "There are 1 users and
19496 invisible on 1 servers" and "ddos.random <IP Address> 10003 60 -s".

I am not overly familar with IRC servers, so I am reviewing RFC2811 and
Brocklesby's draft trying to understand the IRC traffic.

We submitted our copy of wkssvrs.exe to Symantec, yesterday I believe.

-bech