Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fix the broken windows by building a wall PLUS a question on encrypted file systems

From: petard <petard () freeshell org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:17:57 +0000

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:28:05AM -0800, Daniel Sichel wrote:
In a related area. Does anyone know a good product for Winblows 2000 to
create an encrypted file system in an active directory environment? I am
looking for something off the shelf, that will be user transparent. If
possible, I would like to avoid creating a PKI (and if you have a Holy
Grail laying around, I'll take that too). Any suggestions would be
welcome.

That depends... in what way does EFS fail to meet your needs?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/security/encrypt.asp

regards,

petard

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.