Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Reverse Engineering thoughts

From: "johnny cyberpunk" <johncybpk () gmx net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:52:52 +0100

hi n30,

what you are doing is not reversing the tool for security bugs, it's
traditional cracking stuff.
my opinion is, that this can't be reported directly as a security problem,
but you can point out that
they should improve there software with a harder copy protection, such as
runtime binary
encryption, anti-debugging stuff and so on.

cheers,
johnny cyberpunk / thc
+++ no cock is as hard as life +++
public key: http://www.thc.org/keys/jcyberpunk.pub
fingerprint: CB59 19F9 ABF2 781A 4E6C  0A43 F773 9106 BADA BF8C