Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MyDoom download info.

From: "first last" <randnut () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:07:27 +0000

> It's still UPX packed, but it won't unpack with "UPX -d" because the author > used a simple UPX scrambler. Either undo what he did or unpack it manually
> and you'll see all the code.

It actually un-UPX-ed just fine for me. What version have you been trying?

MyDoom.B as posted by someone else on this list. UPX -d doesn't work so you have to do it manually which shouldn't be a problem.

It disassembled nicely after that. The only other obfuscation (apart from
quite a bit of wild jmp'ing around) is the rot13'ed strings, which isn't,
erm, too challenging. Anything else?

Anyone with basic assembler knowledge could understand MyDoom and any other virus.

High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html