Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft's fix for URL containing username:password@ obfuscation

From: Cael Abal <lists () onryou com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:58:31 -0500

Zach Forsyth wrote:
And for people saying don't use IE, if you aren't the sole admin on the
server you don't have the choice to install other apps.
Believe me if I could install something else I would just put a real ftp
app and firebird on there and not have to ask silly questions on FD.

Please tell me you don't do a lot of web browsing from your server.

IE being required on a Windows server (for SUS management, etc.) is one of my pet peeves -- but folks who browse the internet from their server actively freak me out.

(This isn't directed specifically at you, Zach, but to people who play Russian roulette logged in as a domain admin.)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html