Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: XBOX EvolutionX ftp 'cd' command and telnet 'dir' buffer overflow

From: icbm <icbm () 0x557 net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:25:54 +0800

Stefan Esser wrote:
| Morning
|

|>XBOX EvolutionX ftp 'cd' command and telnet 'dir' buffer overflow
|

| beside the fact that EvolutionX is illegal software, because it is
| compiled against the leaked Microsoft XBOX XDK, your indepth analysis
| lacks the most funny part:
|
| You can crash evolutionX by just connecting to the ftp server and
| supplying a long username:password combination.
|
| Ohh and unlike your crashes this one is preauth.
|
| Stefan Esser

Morning s.esser:)

Yep,EvolutionX is a illegal software...But it give us most advanced
features(right?)and analysing it is funny:P

My analysis is not deep but I haven't forgotten the preauth part.It
can't crash my 3935 evox by supplying a long username:passwd( maybe it not long enough:(?) so what's your version?.

zhao wei

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html