Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: DoomJuice.A, Mydoom.A source code

From: "Riad S. Wahby" <rsw () jfet org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:30:56 -0500

Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us> wrote:
I think what raises concern is that your buddy Ian Martin describes you
as a "H4x0r gra|\|d3".

A fine blend of friendly needling and liberal application of the
time-honored ever-puerile l33tification process yields 100%
high-quality humor every time.  :-)

As for the code, have you tried catching the bug with a honeypot? I
heard of people using netcat listening on port 3127 to catch the bug...

To be honest, I didn't expect this to work, but before I left my
office last night I decided I may as well try it.  To my great
surprise, I came in this morning and found that I had "caught one"
within minutes of opening the port.  Quite im(de?)pressive.

--
Riad Wahby
rsw () jfet org

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.