Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Interesting side effect of the new IE patch

From: whichy-yp <ypwhich () io com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 04:33:42 -0500 (EST)

You're right, that is for FTP...which is a different protocol.  Back then
I was using Netscape after I switched from lynx, and yes things do tend to
"blur together" using one tool, pros and cons.

As for the average Internet user, I doubt they care whether or not the
Internet extends beyond their browser or email client.  For them it's a
tool, it does what they need it to and that's it.  Some how I doubt it's a
product of Netscape's "bad choices".  Let's face it, average users want
something that is easy to use.  Be that something a POS like Windows or
IE.