Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: a question about e-mails

From: maarten <fulldisc () ultratux org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:59:09 +0100

On Thursday 26 February 2004 10:02, Sandeep Sengupta wrote:
Hi,

Do a "REPLY ALL" (MS Outlook/express)
All the email ids in TO, CC, BCC will be displayed. I hope this helps. Good
luck :-)

Well, that would defeat the whole purpose of the BCC: field, now wouldn't it ?
In other words, no that will NOT list the original BCC: field recipients.

I think it is safe to assume that the people who drafted the RFC did their
homework and it logically follows that there is (absolutely) no way to
retrieve the original BCC entries (not even by the receiving smtp admin).

If that were not the case, that would mean using BCC has a hole in it big
enough to drive a truck through...  and we would have heard about it.

Maarten

Warm regards,
Sandeep.